Tuesday, August 25, 2009

pelicans and swimming assessments...



Swimming, pelicans and day 21 of a photo a day....

Mondays are swimming days and this this week was assessment day. First term of me not having to hop into the pool - woo hoo.

Afterwards we head down to the pelicans and give them a bag of fish heads - the fish shop is on the pier, don't think I carry these around usually.
It can be a stressful process though, I have to make sure I feed every single one of them, this becomes difficult with the seagulls swooping down, and the pelicans camouflaging into each other - then I forget which one has eaten.
I've tried to teach them all to step back, and give someone else a go - but it is all about first in best dressed down there!
Something tells me by their fat little bellies that they get pretty well looked after by other suckers like us.
We look forward to swimming days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute. This story made me smile. I love pelicans :)

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures!~ You seem to be having a great summer. How I love toddlers... sigh...

corine said...

oh, that last one was me :-)

admin said...

we love visiting the peli's there too!! :)

kelly said...

I love pelicans, it is a great spot for the kids.