Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas.


One of my favorite things to do at Christmas each year is to watch and sing to the 'Carols by Candlelight' on the TV, it always reminds me of my Nannie. 
I really miss her more in occasions like these, especially now that I have my own children, she would love to see the kids opening their presents Christmas morning. 
I loved Christmas growing up, all the excitement of opening presents, the table setting with it's bon bons, and a fresh tree with the decorations, actually - I still do!

To carry on tradition I've made sure we put the biscuits and beer out for Santa, a plate of grass for the reindeer and a few glow sticks to light the way (just in case they get lost). I think I may have even converted my scrooge of a husband to get into the spirit for once, normally I'm the only excited one.


So here's to a very Merry Christmas with lots of love, laughter and cheer!! 

Here's to homemade mint jelly, shortbread and chocolate truffles Nannie used to make.

And here's to a safe end to 2008, and the welcoming of the new year ahead.


Now off to bed before Santa comes and sees you still awake!!!

No comments: