Thursday, November 5, 2009

community spirit.......

'Got to love the side of the road flower stall'. This house is around the corner from us, and I often buy a bunch of flowers when they are on offer. It runs on an honour system that you just leave your cash in the letter box..........it may be bolted to the table with a padlock - but hopefully the community spirit is still a way of life for some.
I wish we had a few more of these side road stalls down this way, I would like Avacados, limes and apples for sale, but for now - roses are just fine thanks!







4 comments:

Babyjo Eco Baby Wear said...

Hey Kel,

That is gorgeous. It's funny, I was out visiting my parents today (could be classed as country-ish) and noticed that there was a roadside stall just like this (honour system as well) that sold bags of "Lemons, Limes and Leaves (Kaffir)) It was gorgeous to see and next time I will stop and get some!
Loved seeing your gorgeous clothing in Peekaboo Mag - what a great new publication!
Cheerio
Jo

miss béba said...

what a lovely idea! and yay to the comment above too!

bloomingkids said...

That is so sweet and lovely - makes you feel all better about life...and that's saying something after the morning I've had!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see that some people still trust in others, I would encourage them as well! Their flowers are beautiful. Wish I had a place like that around here too!